User Review( votes)
Cerebrovascular accident the another name of stroke . Stroke is a medical condition in which poor blood flow to the brain results in cell death. There are two main types of stroke: ischemic, due to lack of blood flow, and hemorrhagic, due to bleeding. They result in part of the brain not functioning properly. Signs and symptoms of a stroke may include an inability to move or feel on one side of the body, problems understanding or speaking, dizziness, or loss of vision to one side. Signs and symptoms often appear soon after the stroke has occurred. If symptoms last less than one or two hours it is known as a transient ischemic attack (TIA) or mini-stroke. A hemorrhagic stroke may also be associated with a severe headache. The symptoms of a stroke can be permanent. Long-term complications may include pneumonia or loss of bladder control.
- Gaillard, Frank. “Ischaemic stroke”. radiopaedia.org. Retrieved 3 June2018.
- Donnan GA, Fisher M, Macleod M, Davis SM (May 2008). “Stroke”. Lancet. 371 (9624): 1612–23. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(08)60694-7. PMID 18468545.(subscription required)
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of a Stroke?”. www.nhlbi.nih.gov. March 26, 2014. Archived from the original on 27 February 2015.
- PhD, Gary Martin (2009). Palliative Care Nursing: Quality Care to the End of Life, Third Edition. Springer Publishing Company. p. 290. ISBN 9780826157928. Archived from the original on 2017-08-03.
- What Is a Stroke?”. www.nhlbi.nih.gov/. March 26, 2014. Archived from the original on 18 February 2015. Retrieved 26 February2015.
- Who Is at Risk for a Stroke?”. www.nhlbi.nih.gov. March 26, 2014. Archived from the original on 27 February 2015. Retrieved 27 February2015.
- “How Is a Stroke Diagnosed?”. www.nhlbi.nih.gov. March 26, 2014. Archived from the original on 27 February 2015. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- Yew, KS; Cheng, E (1 July 2009). “Acute stroke diagnosis”. American Family Physician. 80 (1): 33–40. PMID 19621844.
- GBD 2015 Disease and Injury Incidence and Prevalence, Collaborators. (8 October 2016). “Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and years lived with disability for 310 diseases and injuries, 1990-2015: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2015”. Lancet. 388 (10053): 1545–1602. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(16)31678-6. PMC . PMID 27733282.
- GBD 2015 Mortality and Causes of Death, Collaborators. (8 October 2016). “Global, regional, and national life expectancy, all-cause mortality, and cause-specific mortality for 249 causes of death, 1980-2015: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2015”. Lancet. 388(10053): 1459–1544. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(16)31012-1. PMC . PMID 27733281.