At a glance......
- 1 How To Make Mineral Water At Home?
- 1.1 Amazing Health Benefits of Mineral Water
- 1.1.1 1. Promotes Bone Health
- 1.1.2 2. Regulates Body Fat
- 1.1.3 3. Blood Pressure Management
- 1.1.4 4. Reduces Cardiac Diseases
- 1.1.5 5. Reduces Acidity
- 1.1.6 6. Increases Physical Alertness
- 1.1.7 7. Increases Mental Alertness
- 1.1.8 8. Increases Skin’s Sheen
- 1.1.9 9. Eases Arthritis
- 1.1.10 10. Makes Hair Stronger
- 1.1.11 Top 10 bottled drinks of water
- 1.2 References
What Is The Best Drink To Flush Your Kidneys/Mineral water is water from a mineral spring that contains various minerals, such as salts and sulfur compounds. Mineral water may be classified as “still” or “sparkling” (carbonated/effervescent) according to the presence or absence of added gases.
Water is essential for life. From the time that primeval species ventured from the oceans to live on land, a major key to survival has been the prevention of dehydration. The critical adaptations cross an array of species, including man. Without water, humans can survive only for days. Water comprises from 75% body weight in infants to 55% in elderly and is essential for cellular homeostasis and life.[rx] Nevertheless, there are many unanswered questions about this most essential component of our body and our diet.
- Beet juice.
- Lemon juice.
- Cranberry juice.
- Pumpkin seeds.
Types of Mineral Water
- Spring or glacier water – Spring or glacier waters are types of bottled waters that are claimed to be bottled at the source from where the water flows either from the spring or glacier. It also tends to be pretty readily available in stores, think well-known brands like Evian and Arrowhead, in both large and small bottles, which makes it easily accessible.
- Sparkling water – Sometimes referred to as carbonated water or soda water, sparkling water is infused with carbon dioxide gas while under pressure. Sparkling water offers a different mouth feel to flat water, which could be a welcome change if you want something fizzy without sugar or artificial sweeteners.
- Distilled water – This type of water is boiled and the steam is collected and condensed back into a liquid. Distilled water is a great option if you live somewhere — or are visiting somewhere — where the tap water supply is contaminated or possibly could be. As there are no vitamins and minerals in distilled water, there are no health benefits. In fact, it has the potential to be detrimental as non-mineralized water tends to pull minerals from where it can — in this case, your body, or specifically your teeth.
- Purified water – Purified water is usually tap or groundwater which has been treated to remove harmful substances like bacteria, fungi, and parasites. This means that drinking it is pretty much guaranteed to be safe. Like distilled water, purified water is a great option if your immediate water source is contaminated. That said, many countries purify tap water, so you’re basically drinking purified water every time you fill a cup from your kitchen sink.
- Flavored or infused water – Flavored water is water that’s sweetened with either sugar or artificial sweeteners, and contains natural or artificial flavorings. Flavored water, like Hint and Propel, can offer a tasty alternative to plain water, which makes it easier to drink in larger amounts. It can also add variation to your water intake since there are so many flavors available. Flavor can be added naturally by infusing fruit and vegetables into tap or bottled water, or you could purchase artificially flavored waters in most stores.
- Alkaline water – Alkaline water has a higher pH level than normal tap water and contains alkaline minerals and negative oxidation-reduction potential (ORP). The fact that this type of water has a higher pH level has led some people to believe that it may help neutralize the acid in the body, help slow the aging process, or even prevent cancer. There’s very little scientific proof, however, of this being true
- Well water – Well, water comes straight from the ground, though it’s untreated and carries with it a number of risks. f you happen to live in an area where wells are plentiful, or you even have one in your own backyard, the convenient access to what seems like freshwater could be attractive. While there are many proponents of raw, untreated water, the benefits may not outweigh the potential risks.
Composition of Mineral Water
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration classifies mineral water as water containing at least 250 parts per million total dissolved solids (TDS), originating from a geologically and physically protected underground water source. No minerals may be added to this water. In many places, however, the term “mineral water” is colloquially used to mean any bottled carbonated water or soda water, as opposed to tap water.
In the European Union, bottled water may be called mineral water when it is bottled at the source and has undergone no or minimal treatment. Permitted is the removal of iron, manganese, sulfur and arsenic through decantation, filtration or treatment with ozone-enriched air, in so far as this treatment does not alter the composition of the water as regards the essential constituents which give it its properties. No additions are permitted except for carbon dioxide, which may be added, removed or re-introduced by exclusively physical methods. No disinfection treatment is permitted, nor is the addition of any bacteriostatic agents.
You never would have imagined the ordinary mineral water you drink is filled with many vital nutrients. But guess what? That is the fact. The health benefits of mineral water benefit both the body and mind alike. And the best thing is you can make mineral water right inside your home. But do you know how to make mineral water? If not, read through the below post
How To Make Mineral Water In Step By Step
It is important for you to understand that mineral water is different from filtered water. While filtered water is just free of dirt and bacteria, mineral water is pure and rich in life-supporting minerals like calcium, magnesium, sodium, and potassium. People might contradict that it is practically not possible to afford expensive cans of mineral water on a daily basis. And practically, this is a valid contradiction too. However, mineral water can be prepared in your home. And these 5 simple steps will show you how!
1. Filter Tap Water
Filtering tap water is the first step to making mineral water at home. You can use your regular water purifier for this purpose. Take around 1 or 2 liters of tap water in a jar and transfer it to your water filter. Let the water get completely filtered. Once the water is purified, you need to transfer it into an open vessel. Make sure that the vessel is clean and free of any smell/odor.
2. Add Baking Soda
The next step to making mineral water at home is adding baking soda to the purified water. Add around 1/8thteaspoon of baking soda to 1 liter of purified water. Increase the amount to 1/4th of a teaspoon for 2 liters of purified water. Baking soda/sodium bicarbonate essentially adds sodium to the water. This mineral cures certain health conditions like indigestion, constipation, bloating, heartburn and even arthritis. This is the first step of converting filtered water to mineral water.
3. Add Epsom Salt
Once you add baking soda to purified water, add about 1/8th teaspoon of Epsom salt to 1 liter of filtered water treated with baking soda. Epsom Saltworks as a disinfectant and keeps humans safe from bacterial attacks. Thus, it largely increases the purity of the already filtered water.
4. Add Potassium Bicarbonate
The next step is to add potassium bicarbonate to the purified water that is treated with sodium bicarbonate and Epsom salt. Potassium bicarbonate maintains blood pressure in humans. It is an essential mineral that maintains cardiac health and lessens the risk of heart attacks largely. Add around 1/8th teaspoon of potassium bicarbonate to the treated purified water to make mineral water.
5. Mix Well
It is important that the ingredients added to the purified water be mixed well. You can use a soda siphon for the purpose of blending all the minerals well in purified water. Soda siphon is a gadget that is extensively used to disperse carbonated drinks. It comes with a cartridge and handles. Attach the cartridge with the siphon. Pass the water you made through the handle. Squeeze the handle as you pass water through it. Completely purified mineral water is what you get from the other end of the siphon. The above listed 5 steps are the simplest means that help you how to make homemade mineral water. It is rich in sodium and potassium. Have you ever prepared mineral water at your home before? Is it of the same taste and quality as that of the bottles you get in the market
Did you ever imagine that the normal mineral water you drink has some surprising and unexpected health benefits? Hard you might find it to believe, but mineral water is an essential mix of minerals like magnesium, sodium, calcium, and potassium. Uniquely different from boiled water and tap water, mineral water improves the overall health and skin condition upon regular consumption.
The human body is composed of certain minerals that are considered essential for the proper growth and performance of the human brain and body. A deficiency of these minerals is an alarming situation for the brain. Mineral water comes as a rescue in such a scenario.
1. Promotes Bone Health
Mineral water is rich in calcium. Calcium is the most important mineral involved in bone formation. Thus, the daily consumption of mineral water ensures a daily supplement of calcium in the body. It strengthens human bones, teeth and even nails against damage.
2. Regulates Body Fat
Mineral water is an essential fat-free supplement that offers a good amount of fat metabolizing minerals. It helps in fat breakdown, which is essential in burning a few extra layers of fat in the body. In simple terms, mineral water can make you slimmer and leaner. It is any day a better choice over aerated drinks and soda. Regular consumption of mineral water can surely help in weight management.
3. Blood Pressure Management
Mineral water is also a boon for people suffering from the problem of fluctuating levels of blood pressure. It is composed of magnesium and calcium. Both these minerals are actively involved in the electrolytic process of the human brain and body. This electrolytic balance is very essential for the maintenance of blood pressure in humans.
4. Reduces Cardiac Diseases
Mineral water has the power of metabolizing fat from the human body. This ensures that the production of bad cholesterol is hampered in the body. Bad cholesterol or LDL gets deposited in the adipose tissues and in and around the blood capillaries. It doesn’t circulate with the blood and narrows the openings of capillaries. This increases blood pressure, which increases the risk of heart attacks in heart patients. Mineral water hampers the growth and accumulation of LDL in capillaries. It reopens the blocked capillary pathways. Thus, it reduces the risk of cardiac diseases as well.
5. Reduces Acidity
Mineral water contains sulfates. Sulfates are catalysts for the pancreas to produce digestive enzymes like lipase and amylase. These digestive enzymes ease problems like bloating and constipation. It further lessens the coagulation of toxins in the duodenum and intestines. As a result, the problem of acidity is nullified with proper digestion.
6. Increases Physical Alertness
Mineral water is a mixture of different minerals like magnesium and potassium. These minerals are required for the proper growth and functioning of human muscles. They improve the response rate of muscles. The muscles become more supportive of contraction and expansion. Hence, mineral water increases physical alertness and the overall well-being of an individual.
7. Increases Mental Alertness
Potassium is also called as a memory charging mineral. It is an active constituent of the electrolyte in the brain. Hence, mineral water is a good option for boosting one’s memory and concentration. It increases mental alertness and hampers mental fatigue and lethargy.
Mineral water is a fresh source of skin-friendly silica particles. Silica is a natural secret to beautiful skin. It triggers the production of collagen in human skin. Increased collagen formation leads to reduced wrinkles, dark spots, and dullness. It makes the skin-blemish free, moist, supple and glowing.
Mineral water is also an amazing remedy for inflammation and pain caused due to arthritis. Its active minerals and compounds reduce inflammation related to rheumatoid arthritis. The anti-inflammatory benefits of mineral water also reduce the swelling in joints caused by this severe bone degenerative disorder.
10. Makes Hair Stronger
Hair health is an issue in the modern world. Pollution and the sun largely ruin hair quality. Mineral water restores the lost strength and sheen of hair by restoring the normal PH level of the scalp from within. It increases the supply of oxygen to the brain as well. This improves hair texture and imparts strength to each hair strand against damage caused due to sun and pollution.
Top 10 bottled drinks of water
- Voss Artesian Water. (Voss Water)
- Saint Geron Mineral Water. (Gayot.com)
- Hildon Natural Mineral Water. (Gayot.com)
- Evian Natural Spring Water. (Evian)
- Fiji Natural Artesian Water. (Gayot.com)
- Gerolsteiner Mineral Water. (Gayot.com)
- Ferrarelle Naturally Sparkling Mineral Water. (Gayot.com)
- Perrier Mineral Water. (Perrier)